[Sticky] PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THE FORUMS
Sep 18, 2022 2:59 pm
Please read the rules carefully before posting.
- Due to the multinational nature of the forum, please use English. If you’d like to use a different language (by way of an external link, for example), consider providing a translation of the relevant portion in your topic/reply. It could even be a machine translation (Google Translate, for example), as long as the point comes across correctly.
- Stick to the topic when responding to posts created by others.
- When creating your own post in the form of a topic, please choose the appropriate forum and give it a clear and concise title.
- Before creating a new topic, or asking a new question, consider using the Search function to see whether it has already been addressed. If it has, post your new topic only if the previous thread has already been closed. Note that if you believe that your topic is related to an existing one but with significant differences, feel free to create the new topic (but make sure to address the difference).
- This is a public forum, so please consider very carefully before posting your own personal information. Posting personal information of anyone else is a major violation of the rules of conduct for this forum and will result in the deletion of the topic/reply and a single warning; a second violation will result in a permanent ban.
Rules on Appropriate Behavior
- Be respectful towards other forum members.
- Don’t be offensive, abusive or cause harassment.
- DO NOT reveal anyone’s identity by posting their personal information (or connecting personal information posted in separate places in a manner that reveals the person’s identity), unless that information has already been revealed publicly by that person on the forum.
- Just utilize common-sense rules of being nice, and practice PLUR
Rights of Moderators
Considering the sensitive subject of the forum – that is, intelligence and security – it is only appropriate for moderators to have the ability to make sure that all forum rules are being followed. To this end, moderators can, at their own discretion:
- close topics or forums;
- edit topics or replies (but only by clearly displaying their edits);
- move topics or replies to the appropriate topic/forum, if necessary; and
- delete topics or replies.
Consequences of Breaking the Rules
Breaking the rules of appropriate behavior will have the following consequences:
- Minor infractions will get a warning; unless the post is edited to comply with the rules within 24 hours of the warning, it will be deleted.
- Repeated minor infractions will result in a temporary ban or, at the discretion of the moderator, a permanent ban.
- Major infractions, such as posting personal information or behavior deemed completely unacceptable by the moderator, will get a temporary ban; or, at the discretion of the moderator, a permanent ban.
Methods of Redressal